Explore things to do in goa on your upcoming Goa Holiday. With a vast glittering coastline and covered in sun and sand, it’s always a pleasure to visit Goa. When you plan to visit Goa, the main activities would be to check out things to do in Goa with family. While there are a good number of places to visit in North Goa, there are equally interesting places to visit in South Goa.
There are plenty of things to do with family in Goa. The adventure activities, visits to places of interest, live music events, fishing, heritage walks, are some of the activities that you can regale in when you visit Goa.
Some of the most fascinating places to visit in North Goa are:
- Dining and cruising along the River Mandovi – The luxury evening cruise provides you with a delightful experience of the waters, the lights and the music. The fresh winds hitting your very being will blow you away into dreamland. The culinary delights and the music will keep you in the world of dreams and give you an experience of a lifetime.
- Flyboarding along the North Goa coastline – The thrills and the joys of adventure will be fulfilled with a flyboarding activity. When you visit Goa, you are guaranteed of an adrenaline rush. To help you enjoy this further, you are provided with an instructor who will maximize your thrills.
- Trip to Grand Island – If you would like to A trip to Grande Island will give you double the pleasure you would be overjoyed with. You get an unforgettable boat ride to the picturesque Grand Island. You will get a breath-taking view of the nature’s bounty as you float along the glistening waters.
- Full Day Tour to North Goa – Get mesmerized with the beauty that Goa has to offer. The cool ride will take you across the most famous beaches along the North Goa coastline. The highlight of the evening will be about absorbing the spellbinding view at sunset. The tour also includes visits to the temples and churches that portray a unique architecture.
- Parasailing on Calangute Beach – This is an opportunity to fly high. A trip towards the open skies will leave you with hypnotized. The breath-taking view from a few meters above sea level while you glide along the waters, will give you moments and memories you won’t forget.
- Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary – When you visit Goa you will realize that Wildlife experiences in Goa will far outmatch the nightlife experiences. The Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary gives you an opportunity to spot and admire a wide variety animals including panthers, sloth bears, mouse deer and also barking deer. The sanctuary boasts of over 200 species of birds which include the Indian great black woodpecker, Malabar pied hornbill, paradise flycatcher, fairy bluebird, emerald dove and the kingfisher.
- Saturday Night Bazaar – This market at Arpora has a good number of goodies available on sale. Open every Saturday during the six winter months, you can feast on a shopping extravaganza of things like imported T-shirts, junk jewelry, imported T-shirts, also hippie merchandise. Besides, you will be treated to some scrumptious Indian, Continental and world cuisines. You are also treated to some exquisite music that ups the tempo as you move deep into the night. This is one of the liveliest places to visit in North Goa.
- Dolphin Rides – It’s more exciting to see the dolphins jump around right in front of your eyes, rather than watching this happen on TV. A dolphin cruise in Goa is therefore a stirring experience for young and the young at heart. The graceful leaps of the dolphins all around the boat can best be relished by your eyes and captured for eternity by your camera.
- Goa Hop-On Hop-Off Tour – This is very interesting way to ride around Goa without spending too much money. The hop-on hop-off buses are very convenient. There is one available every 45 minutes, and there are around 19 stops which will enhance your curiosity. Also, there is an onboard commentary that introduces you to Goa.
- Goa State Museum – The State Archaeology Museum was established in 1977. It displays over 5,000 statues and articles which relate to ancient history, archaeology and geology. Goa’s past is well portrayed here under one roof. The vintage items give a good account to Goa’s Past. This Place a must visit for those who would be interested in Goa’s Past
Some stimulating places to visit in South Goa or things to do in South Goa:
- Colva Beach – Definitely one of the more crowded beaches of Goa, Colva is the party headquarters and is known for its full moon parties, when the moon lights up the night skies with all its vigor.
- Rivona Caves – This is an important site for Buddhists. It is well known for the laterite stone formations and Buddhist sculptures, paintings and other artistic things that are within the cave. The view of the sea at the caves is simply superb. The place is known for being the place of meditation and enlightenment of a Buddhist Monk.
- Naval Aviation Museum – This museum was founded in 1947 to showcase glimpses of military aviation history. The facility has an outdoor aircraft park that displays aircrafts and aircraft engines. There is also an enclosed exhibition area. This cannot be skipped on your visit to places to visit in South Goa
- Palolem Beach – One of the serene beaches in South Goa, it speaks of a soothing that offers a spellbindingly scenic view. You can spend long hours in tranquility and calmness to experience the peace you desire. When you visit Goa, a trip to Palolem Beach can give an interesting fillip to your enjoyment.
- Chandor Heritage Walk – For those who are in love with heritage and architecture of the old times, Chandor is a place you would fall in love with instantly. Chandor is lined up with some beautiful buildings which were built around 6 BC and after. There is also a very evident evidence of Portuguese and Gothic architecture. A heritage walk down the by-lanes of Chandor is bound to hypnotize you.
- Cabo de Rama Fort – One of the oldest and largest forts, it portrays the best in Goan culture. This heritage gem of the era bygone has a church within and a visit to the top most point of the fort will give you a enthralling view of the Canacona Beach. This is one exciting activity to things to do in Goa with family.
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls – Dudhsagar gets it name from the milk white water that flows down from four different points. Watching the gush of the waters falling into pits below will give you a feeling of relaxation and admiration. It is one of the most valuable places to visit in Goa.
- Galgibaga Beach – Know about Turtles – This is one of the most interesting places to visit in Goa, especially for nature lovers. The silvery sands and the calm winds blowing across the beach gives that serenity that can carry you away from the mundane. At Galgibaga you will notice coconut trees in plenty, but what is the main attraction to nature lovers is the fact that Galgibaga Beach hosts the olive ridley turtles when they come in during nestling season.
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary – It is recognized as the second largest wildlife sanctuary in Goa, and offers abundance of natural beauty, marshes, ponds, plants, trees. If you look intently, you may spot wildlife like the Indian Bison, Sloth Bears, , Malabar Crested Eagles etc.